Sunday, December 28, 2008

2008



It was this time a year ago that I took my trip to Haiti. Never in my wildest dreams did I think I would have spent a Christmas in Haiti, and looking back a year later, it is still hard to believe it actually happened. That trip taught me so many things. It taught me that I can survive totally out of my comfort zone, and not just survive, but enjoy that time. It taught me that God really is in control and if something is in His will, it will work out no matter what. It taught me that adoption is in God's plan for me. Something that I have known for awhile but was proven to me in Haiti. It taught me that often when you think you are doing something to bless other people, you are the one who ends up being blessed a million times over. It also taught me that I really can do anything with God's strength and love.

I hope that someday I get to go back to Haiti. And maybe see other parts of the world as well. Reflecting on my trip a year later, I remember feeling so many things and praying, please God, let me hold on to these feelings when I get home. I can't say I have kept that joy, love, and peace with me all year. But God is good and He always knows how to bring it back. I will leave you with the words of a song that I have always loved and that I think express it better than I could.

What a wonderful Maker
What a wonderful Savior
How majestic Your whispers
And how humble Your love
With a strength like no other
And the heart of a Father
How majestic Your whispers
What a wonderful God

No comments:

Post a Comment