Monday, September 21, 2009

Summer and Such

Wow. It has been a ridiculously long time since I have updated this blog. I apologize to those of you who read it. I had quite a busy summer and am just now settling back into the routine of school and work. But those are boring things...let me tell you about my summer.

Working at Camp Beechpoint for my fourth (and final) summer was amazing...for lack of a better word. God grew me so much and I learned a lot about my ability to handle difficult situations. I worked with the older girls this summer (ages 11-14), and those of you who know me know that this has never been my favorite age to work with. I was more than a little worried when the campers started coming that I would do a horrible job. I was questioning my abilities as a counselor and fighting a negative attitude (see last post) even before camp had started. After about the first week, I had a new perspective. I couldn't do it. There was no way. But God could.

So many times this summer I wanted to give up. There were plenty of difficult campers, many times I felt like I couldn't relate, and millions of times I felt inadequate. But I found that those are the times when God shows up the most. He used me this summer in ways that I saw and in ways that I may never know. But all I'm thankful for is that He used me.

This blog is supposed to be about pictures. I've done a horrible job with that and right now my computer isn't letting me upload any. So I will post some pictures from this summer...soon. As soon as I have time and figure out the problem. So hopefully words are enough for now.

1 comment:

  1. Words are plenty for now. :) Thanks for sharing, Kelli! I always find it amazing that God uses our weakest times to show His strength.

    ReplyDelete